Whole Wheat Vanilla Pancakes
- • 1 cup whole wheat flour
- • 2 Tablespoons sugar (raw cane sugar) or 1 Tbl of Stevia Raw
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder
- • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 1/2 cup of egg whites
- • 1/8 block of fat free cream cheese
- • 1/2 cup fat free milk or almond milk
- • 2 Tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, sift together the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add the cream cheese, milk, applesauce and vanilla and sir until well mixed.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed and moistened.
- Set your griddle to medium-high and coat generously with cooking spray. Dollop the batter in 1/4 cup amounts per pancake. When bubbles appear on top and the edges appear dry, flip the pancakes and cook the other side to golden brown – about 2 minutes per side. Let them cool on a wire rack to avoid sogginess.
Chrissy Bernal http://chrissybernal.com/