Homemade Peanut Butter Protein Bars
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup PB2 (dehydrated peanut butter powder)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Stevia for baking
- ¼ cup water
- 2 ½ cups dry uncooked old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cups protein powder (I used chocolate flavored.)
- ½ cup Flax Mill
- 1 tsp vanilla or to taste
- Cinnamon to taste
- Combine peanut butter, honey and vanilla and Stevia in a large nonstick pot and warm up over a low heat until mixed. (May be a bit runny.)
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour peanut butter/honey mixture in the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Stir. This is when you add the water needed to make it less crumbly. I even use my hands to really mix it together nicely.
- Press into a 9×9-inch pan that you’ve sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Put in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and cut into 16 equal bars.
- Wrap each bar in wax paper. Although, you don’t need to store them in the fridge, I do because I like it cold.
Chrissy Bernal http://chrissybernal.com/