Healthy Soda "Teriyaki" Chicken
- 3 - 4 chicken breasts
- 1 can of Zevia cola
- 3 Tbl honey
- 5/8 cup of light soy sauce
- 3 tbl tart cherry juice
- 3 tbl white pepper
- 2 Tbl coconut oil
- 4 Tbl of sesame seeds
- 3 Tsp minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbl your preferred flour (I used gluten-free flour.)
- 2 cups of frozen green beans
- 1. Cut the chicken breasts into small chunks.
- 2. Combine Zevia, honey, light soy sauce, white pepper, cherry juice and minced ginger in a bowl.
- 3. Add the chicken to the bowl with the soda sauce and set aside.
- 3. While the chicken is soaking in the bowl with the soda sauce, finely chop the garlic.
- 4. Using a large sauce pan and medium heat, melt the coconut oil.
- 5. Add the sesame seeds and garlic to the pan and toast them for a few minutes.
- 6. Using a slated spoon, transfer the chicken to the sauce pan.
- 7. Pour in half of the soda sauce into the sauce pan.
- 7. Cook the chicken and soda sauce until thoroughly cooked.
- 8. Add the remaining sauce, flour and frozen green beans to the sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- 9. Allow to boil for several minutes. (Make sure it's long enough to heat up the green beans.)
- I served it over brown rice.
Chrissy Bernal http://chrissybernal.com/