Healthier Pumpkin Pie with Homemade Crust
- • 1 1/2 c low fat graham crackers
- • 2 tb Honey
- • 1 tb Melted margarine
- • 1 tsp cinnamon
- • 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- • 1 (14 ounce) can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- • 1/2 cup egg whites
- • 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- • 3 tb honey
- 1. In either food processor or blender (I use the Bullet), combine graham cracker crumbs, honey, cinnamon and margarine. Mix well.
- 2. Press into 9 inch pie pan. (if needed, you may add a bit of water to help it spread better.)
- 3. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 deg. F. (I used a confection toaster oven.)
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients with a mixer just until smooth. Pour into the homemade pie crust. (see recipe below) Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- 3. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4. Cool on a wire rack. Serve.
- 5. Refrigerate leftovers.
- This pie isn't as sweet as you might be used to, so taste the mixture prior to baking to make sure you're pleased. It has a great consistency, though.
Chrissy Bernal http://chrissybernal.com/