Healthier Peanut Butter Cookies
This is a slightly modified version of a recipe I found on www.wholegraingourmet.com.
- 3/4 c white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 c oats
- 1/4 cup packed natural brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/4 c creamy natural peanut butter
- 3/4 c honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine moist ingredients.
- Mix dry and moist ingredients together.
- Cool in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Roll into 1″ balls on a parchment-lined cookie sheet or baking sheet for cookies.
- Flatten with a fork if you like.
- Bake at 375 for 8-12 minutes – edges will be slightly browned – be careful not to burn as honey browns fast.
- Sprinkle a smidge of organic raw sugar on the top for looks.
Chrissy Bernal http://chrissybernal.com/