“Healthier” Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup of organic butter
- 1/8 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup organic raw sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 egg white (I use cage free.)
- 1 cup white spelt flour or white-wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 dark cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips of your choice (I used 60% cacao chips.)
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients (except chocolate chips) together by hand in a large microwaveable bowl. Mix them just enough so that the ingredients are mixed around, but not thoroughly since the butter will be too hard to really mix well. Place the bowl in the microwave for 15 seconds or long enough to soften the butter. Remove the bowl from the microwave. With an electric mixer, throughly mix the ingredients together. Now mix in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls that are about 1"- 1 1/2" in diameter and place on the cookie sheet. (Sometimes the consistency of the dough doesn't cooperate, so I just drop a spoonful of dough rather than rolling it.)
- Place in the oven and bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Do not overcook. You'll want them still soft so you can remove the cookies from the oven and let them stay on the cookie sheet for a few minutes. Once they are cool enough for you to touch, (but still warm) remove them from the cookie sheet and place them on a wire rack until they are completely cooled.
Chrissy Bernal http://chrissybernal.com/