Gluten-free, Sugar-free "Cornbread"
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1 1/2 Tbl Stevia
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp Xanthan gum
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix the dry ingredients (flour, potato starch, Stevia, baking powder, and salt) together in a med. bowl and set aside.
- Melt the one tablespoon of coconut oil in a round baking pan in the oven. This takes about three minutes. Swirl the oil around the pan coating the bottom and sides.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, coconut milk, and 1/4 cup coconut oil. Add this mixture all at once to the flour mixture and stir until just moistened. Pour batter into the hot skillet or baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm.
Chrissy Bernal http://chrissybernal.com/