Gluten-free, Dairy-free Avocado Cake
- 2 cups sunflower flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 raw cacao powder
- 2 small avocados
- 2 1/2 tbl melted coconut oil
- 5 tbl coconut cream (set aside 2 tbl coconut cream for the topping)
- 2 tbl raw honey
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 vanilla
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a medium bowl, combine pecans, flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and cacao powder.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Put avocados in a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Add the liquid ingredients (except the 2tbl of coconut cream for the topping) to the food processor and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into a bread pan that's lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick into the center and remove it without batter sticking to it.
- Remove from oven, let cool on a wire rack for a couple of minutes.
- Flip over on your serving platter, remove the parchment paper and allow to cool for a few more minutes.
- Drizzle with the remaining coconut cream.
- Slice and serve.
Chrissy Bernal http://chrissybernal.com/