Dairy-Free Baked Potato Soup
- 8 slices Apple Gate Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 10 - 12 New Potatoes lb., cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pkg. dairy-free cheese
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened regular almond milk
- 1 cup dairy-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and par-boil for approximately 30 minutes. You want them to soften up some so they'll cook faster in the crockpot.
- While the potatoes are softening up in the pot, combine the rest of the ingredients in a crockpot.
- Once potatoes are partially cooked in the pot, add them to the crockpot.
- Cook on High for 4 - 6 hours.
- Enjoy! (Caution guests that potatoes will be very hot.) You can sprinkle additional bacon if desired.
Chrissy Bernal http://chrissybernal.com/